Business Analyst – £30k – £45k – Thame, Oxfordshire
Focus IT have the pleasure of working with this WELL established Online Conveyance Company. The client is seeking an experienced Business Analyst to compliment their existing team. Joining a rapidly expanding software company developing innovative new products for the property and legal services sectors. Customers include: Lloyds Banking Group & Moneysupermarket.com.
The Business Analyst will work within IT to act as a bridge between IT and the business units, to make the business strategy more effective through a proper use of technology. The role will involve the following:
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artefacts as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), iii. Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs)
• Utilize your experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
• Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs
• Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
To qualify for the Business Analyst role you must have at least 2-3 years Business Analyst experience. The Business Analyst requires a blending of business and technical skills however not necessarily an in-depth expertise in either. Typically someone with a business degree with an emphasis in information systems. To be truly effective, the analyst has to understand the customer’s business, know their pain points, their needs, and their strategic plans. A full understanding is necessary to be able to adequately convey this to the applications team. By taking the steps necessary to add value beyond just delivery of services IT can become a strategic service.
This role is based in Thame, Oxfordshire and is also commutable from Aylesbury, Leighton buzzard, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Dunstable, Tring, Luton, Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire, Berkhamsted, Chesham, High Wycombe, Abingdon, Kidlington, Winslow, Bicester, Didcot, Henley on Thames, Marlow , Watford, Hertfordshire, Reading, Slough, Berkshire and North London.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this dynamic market leader. Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call Amit Gohil on 0844 875 9375 for more information.