IT Operations Engineer (1st/ 2nd Line Support) – Northampton
Focus IT has the pleasure with working alongside this very well established IT outsource provider. Our client is one of the leading suppliers of computer systems to the recruitment industry in the UK.
Due to continued expansion they are now looking to increase their existing fast paced IT Operations team who pride themselves on delivering best in class support to all of their professional clients. The IT Operations team currently manages multiple sites in multiple countries covering issues from user administration, application errors, printer problems and much more. The role will require you to work on various systems and deal with incoming and outgoing support calls, along with working to SLA’s and guidelines set out for high quality support ticket resolution. Customer interaction is a vital part of this position so therefore superb customer service is essential, as is a working knowledge of networking, Citrix environments and virtualisation.
• Taking IT related support calls and logging them up in the Support Desk System.
• Answering and responding to emails sent to the IT support mailbox.
• Direct Regular communication back to the client on support tickets you are working on.
• Help resolve Citrix and Terminal Services Session issues over the phone.
• Help resolve Issues with Mobile Devices, Ipads, IPhones, and Blackberries over the phone.
• Configuring mobile devices ready for the clients use.
• Fix problems related to Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010.
• Help fix issues with other third party applications.
• Active Directory Administration (Including PowerShell and Scripts for Bulk Tasks)
• Microsoft Exchange Account Administration (Including PowerShell and Scripts for Bulk Tasks)
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Microsoft Exchange server and SMTP email delivery.
• Support of Citrix and Terminal Servers (Performance monitoring and problem solving).
• Fixing issues with Client Connected and shared printers in a Thin Client Environment.
• Troubleshooting and correcting backup issues in Arcserve and Backup Exec to Backup Tape and NAS devices.
• Providing support for Laptops and desktops (Windows XP and Windows 7) configured for remote connectivity.
• Deploying Thin Client Images
• Administration of DNS, DHCP, Domain Management.
• Resolving issues with Proxy access (Bloxx)
• Resolving issues with Virtual Servers on VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix XenServer.
• Setting up batch files and script to perform a variety of tasks around the network.
• Management of Sophos Anti-Virus and Pure Message.
• Document Solutions to a good standard.
• Help resolve windows Profile related issues
• Providing out of hours support on a rota basis.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills & Experience – including technical competencies
• Experience supporting printers, servers, routers and mobile devices such as iPhones, and Blackberries
• Experience with Microsoft Active Directory administration
• Experience with Microsoft Exchange and email fault resolution
• Experience supporting users in a Thin Client based environment
• Experience using site to site VPNs or WAN Connections
• A strong understanding of networking and routing
• Experience with writing comprehensive documentation and updating existing documentation
Desirable Experience and qualifications
• Strong Understanding of LAN’s, WAN’s, VPN’s, Switches and Routers
• Experience Supporting Thin Clients and Laptops on Clients sites using remote tools
• Windows Server Group Policy and Citrix Policy Issues
• Windows Distribution Services
• Windows Software Update Services (WSUS)
• MCSE, MCITP, CCA or VCP level or equivalent
• Experience of database support
• A minimum of two years commercial experience in a support desk environment either covering multiple clients or a complex infrastructure
• Strong customer service experience and preferably worked for an outsourced IT Company or similar
• A strong team attitude is required with a willingness to go the extra mile and work outside of normal working hours if required
• Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing requirements as dictated by company and client needs
• Able to work to tight deadlines whilst under pressure and demonstrate a firm attention to detail
• Confident when liaising with third parties to get them to resolve problems quickly and effectively
You will also ideally be able to start immediately or in the next few weeks.
The Operations team support clients between the hours of 07:30 and 18:30 and as such a shift rota is in place that you will be expected to participate in.
PLEASE NOTE: Only apply if you have strong written and verbal communication skills and my client will NOT sponsor Visa’s etc.
The role is based on the edge of Northampton near the M1, and is commutable from Bedford, Milton Keynes and Luton/Dunstable. Ideally you will live within a 20 mile radius of Northampton. Although the role is based in Northampton there may be occasional travel to our client’s site so the candidate will require a driving license and have their own car.
Please forward your CV to email@example.com or alternatively call 0844 875 9375 for more information.
Salary: £22,000 – £25,000 DOE.