1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer
Focus IT have the pleasure of working with this WELL established global company. They are seeking a 1st/ 2nd Line Support Engineer to complement their existing service desk. They provide fully featured IT services to their users, both in the UK and across the globe.
The role involves:
On daily basis, their team handles requests ranging right from desktop support queries through to infrastructure, project planning, and implementation.
As the Support Engineer, you will:
- Have ownership of user support queries, prioritising and resolving them in accordance with agreed SLA’s
- Troubleshoot issues; primarily through their remote system, but will visit users and offices/locations as needed for onsite support and project work
- Be the first escalation point for 1st line support, providing assistance and advice where required across the whole business
You’ll also get to be involved in project planning and implementation. Everyone has the chance to offer ideas, get involved and support our new technology projects. They’re continually updating and improving their Infrastructure and support services.
On the job training will be provided, with potential to attend external training courses.
You will be:
- A Self-starter with a can-do attitude to any task – every day is different
- A great team player, with a consistent track record of delivering strong support knowledge in a windows environment.
- Someone who can prioritise tasks and take ownership of their own day
- Diligent in your approach to ensure jobs are completed to the highest standard
You will have:
You will have worked in a similar role and have a mix of both first and second line skills including:
- Strong Knowledge of Windows 7/10
- Office 365 administration and support
- Active Directory administration
- Networking experience (LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, DHCP and DNS)
- Prioritising issues and working to SLA’s
- Understanding of firewalls, and deeper networking experience
- Experience working in a virtualised server environment
- Experience using MDT and WDS for OS deployment
- Experience managing GPOs
Any familiarity with the below would be a bonus:
- Administering and supporting Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Supporting Macs
- Supporting a VMware virtualised environment
- Cisco Switching and Cisco Meraki Wireless experience
- IT project management experience
This is a 1st/ 2nd Line support Engineer role and is also known as a Service Desk Analyst, Helpdesk Engineer, Helpdesk Analyst and Support Engineer.
Please send CV to Amit Gohil for more information.