Field support engineer (Managed Services) – Fulham, London – NEW!!!
Focus IT have the pleasure of working with this WELL established IT Solutions Company. Due to demand, they are seeking a 2nd Line Field Support Engineer to complement their existing support team.
Due to industry growth, we now have a requirement for a self-driven and highly motivated person to come in and build on their expertise in the Support sector and complement the existing team
You will be responsible for the support and maintenance of server, desktop and network infrastructure for multiple high profile financial services clients. This is primarily a field based role at client offices across London, predominately in the City and the West End. The position has the potential to develop into a technical specialist role or other position within the business.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support on desktop infrastructure and Microsoft Servers
- Configure new server and desktop technologies including Office 365
- Implementation of hardware/software related projects as part of a project team
- Be available for out-of-hours support via the on-call rota
The ideal candidate for this position will have at 2years + experience within the support sector.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Support Engineer to progress within this dynamic and rewarding organisation
In return, my client is offering a great career path with a competitive salary and great company benefits
Key skills are as follows:
Minimum 3 years demonstrable 2nd/3rd line IT support experience in a similar Managed Services role, ideally with financial services sector exposure.
- Proven detailed knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and Cloud technologies.
- Ability to work in high-pressure environments individually and as part of a team.
Key Technical Skills Required:
- Build, configuration and maintenance of Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Administration and maintenance and configuration of Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 including Active Directory and File Services with build experience an advantage
- Administration and configuration of Microsoft Exchange and Office 365.
- Administration and setup of Office 365 platforms with migration experience an advantage.
- Administration and configuration of virtualisation platforms specifically VMWare and Hyper V.
- Tape and Internet Backup Utilities experience
- Knowledge of Network Topologies
Any qualifications such as MCSE, MCSA, MCITP or CCNA would be highly beneficial towards your application
Any exposure to the Managed Service sector would be highly beneficial towards your application.
Location: Fulham, London
The role is based in Fulham and is commutable from all surrounding borrows in London
For more information, please forward your CV to Jamie@focus-it-uk.com or alternatively call 0844 8759375.
The salary: £38,000 – Dependent on experience