Focus IT have the pleasure of working with this WELL established company. The client are seeking a LAMP Administrator to compliment their existing team.
This role will involve maintaining web servers, databases, websites/webservices, and application development infrastructure, in liaison with the IT department, where appropriate. This is an opportunity for a creative and analytical thinker to be involved in a broad array of system support related tasks and take the lead on introducing new methods and practices, as appropriate. There would also be the opportunity to expand into other areas of the team’s work, depending on your background and interests.
- Managing Linux servers’ infrastructure (Decommission and setup of servers and application of appropriate patches and upgrades when necessary)
- Maintaining security compliance
- Managing backups (and recovery, if necessary)
- Coordinating with the IT department and other appropriate individuals and teams throughout the company
- Providing support as necessary to the wider team (introducing development best practices, etc).
- Creative, analytical thinking skills
- Experienced in administering components of LAMP stack
- Experience of wider aspects of web application development / MySQL databases / Scripting / Linux
- Excellent communication, planning and time management skills
- Degree in a related subject
- Awareness of / interest in Energy Performance and/or Building Services
- Experience of data analysis and manipulation
- Experience of Microsoft Windows Server
This is a Lamp Administrator and can also be known as a Web Administrator and Linux Administrator.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this market leader.
£25,000 – £36,000